Monday 29 October 2012

Faith and Deeds

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is a gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

"What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily good. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, 'You have faith; I have deeds.' Show me your faith without deed, and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is dead?"

Pretty strong words there.
In our modern culture and most modern churches they are always claiming that 'say you believe in Jesus, and voila! You are saved!'
Well...it's a little more complicated than just that. 'Even the demons believe that--and shudder'.
Yes, we do believe and are saved by God's grace and our faith in Him, but 'faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.'. Which means not saved. The modern church invites all kinds of heathen into their body and around their vulnerable children, and tell them its okay to sin. Or, this 'saved' person goes to church and acts all proper on Sundays but lives a life of sin through the week. According to scripture, this is wrong, and a person is not saved if they live this way. They would be just like some of the pharisees, calling themselves holly and saved, yet living such a black ugly life without true faith. If you are truly saved, you will have works. Other people should see your deed that you do. Because we have faith, we do deeds.
Of course, there is the issue of a person looking and acting like they are saved but their heart is actually evil, I'm not going to talk about them, but I did want to mention them, just in case you were thinking 'what about...'.
We are not saved by works, but without works and deeds, our faith is dead, the Bible says so, not me. This modern attitude of, 'I can sin all I like and not act remotely like a Christian but I'm still saved,' is wrong and unbiblical. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, we are Christ's servants, and we have to act like one or He will cast us out where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. If you claim to be a Christian, there is no excuse for acting like a sinner. We are a new creation in Christ, so we need to act like it not only in our hearts, but outwardly as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, it is always appreciated! Please do not give out any personal information about me, and please refrain from offensive or inappropriate language.
Thanks!